Status of Compliance
Partially compliant: The websites of the LMU comply in part with Section 1 of the Bavarian Ordinance on the Creation of Barrier-Free Information Technology (BayBITV).
https://www.uni-muenchen.de, https://www.lmu.de and all subdomain sites
Known Accessibility Issues
List and explanation of the problems encountered when implementing the accessibility of these websites
Content Not Accessible to People With Disabilities
- Apart from the main pages, alternative text-based content for images and tables may be missing. There may also be errors in content hierarchy and links may be unintelligible.
- PDF documents created before 09/23/2018 have not yet been converted to a fully accessible format.
- Some documents have been provided by institutions of the LMU, which are not yet all available in a fully accessible version.
- Many of our videos also lack subtitles and audio descriptions.
- We will be adding written directions for the maps used to give directions.
- Quotes are often not indicated as such using the appropriate HTML tag.
- Responsive design (for viewing on mobile devices) is only partially available for the websites, screen orientation is otherwise limited to landscape format. For non-responsive pages, texts do not wrap correctly in a small viewport.
- Fields for inputting user data are not always sufficiently designated as such.
- Words or passages in other languages are not always indicated as such.
- Because of the Google Search plugin, the criteria for "valid HTML text" is not being fulfilled.
All LMU websites are currently undergoing a complete relaunch. It therefore no longer makes sense to revise the existing websites.
The deficiencies of the old website have been listed above.
Creation Date: 09/22/2019
As a user, you can inform us of any shortcomings in complying with accessibility requirements or request information in an accessible format that is not required to be displayed in an accessible format.
Unit VI.5 Internet Services
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 2180-9832
If a request for contact remains unanswered in whole or in part within six weeks, the Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung (Agency for Digitisation, High-Speed Internet and Surveying) will, at the request of the user, examine whether measures are necessary with regard to the monitoring of the obligated party.
Contact information of the agency responsible for the enforcement procedure
Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung
Phone: +49 89 2129-1111
Fax: +49 89 2129-1113
Other Help Services
Students with disabilities are supported by the Beratungsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung (Counselling Center for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses).
The Schwerbehindertenvertretung (Representative for Disabled Persons) (access protected on the service portal) can support employees.